Koei Tecmo revealed today new information for upcoming Samurai Warriors 4-II, a tactical action title slated to be released on the 2nd of October 2015 on the PlayStation 4 and digitally on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and on PC via Steam.
Samurai Warriors 4-II introduces a brand new and exciting mode designed to test players’ skills and resilience. In this Survival Mode, players can push themselves to the limits by taking control of their favourite character and entering a daunting castle with endless Levels and countless rewards!
Defeating thousands of enemies and completing objectives results in collecting weapons and mounts to be used in the story mode of the game, but only if the player escapes the castles before the health or time bars deplete. The higher the climb, the more difficult and numerous the enemies are, and the more lucrative the rewards.
In addition, the Survival Mode offers a Challenge Mode option, which allows players to set high scores in various Chambers:
- The Chamber of Trials is all about defeating as many enemies as possible within a given time frame.
- The Chamber of Riches focuses on collecting as much gold as possible before time runs out. The Chamber of Agility tests the player’s skill as it requires them to defeat enemy standard bearers and reach a target destination in time.
- And lastly, the Chamber of Death poses an extreme challenge as enemies deal overpowering blows that could kill low level playable characters instantly!
Also, Koei Tecmo released today the identities of four more Samurai whose personal stories will unfold in Samurai Warriors 4-II:
- Toyohisa Shimazu, a young lord eager to match his elders’ skill;
- Koj?r? Katakura whose story of loyalty to his master Masamune Date is a magnificent tale of devotion;
- Kagekatsu Uesugi a laconic man whose battle prowess will inspire his entire clan;
- Takakage Kobayakawa, a man of great mercy and compassion who always looked to end battles with the least casualties possible.