Staying at home is something alot of us have now become accustomed too. Play at home.
Todays PlayStation announcements are a mixed bag of titles for us players.
But, incase you missed it, below is the full recap of announcements.
Gran Turismo 7 arrives on PS5 and PS4 – March 4, 2022
GT7 is both the culmination of the series which answers the expectations of GT fans throughout the years, and at the same time it is a title that marks a beginning of a difficult mission to contain the full breadth of car culture from the past into a single video game. Even more exciting is the firm release date, coming March 4, 2022!
First look at God of War Ragnarök
The team at Santa Monica Studios has unveiled the first look at the highly anticipated sequel that picks up a few years after the events of God of War (2018).
The freezing winds of Fimbulwinter have come to Midgard, making survival for Kratos, Atreus, and Mimir in the Norse wilds even more challenging than before.
While the last game built an enormous amount of trust and understanding between father and son, there is still a great deal of complexity in their interactions – especially after the revelation of Atreus’ Giant heritage and the hidden prophecy only Kratos saw.
Together, Kratos and Atreus will have to make a choice about which path they will take. Whatever they choose will define the fate of all those living in the Nine Realms as Ragnarök approaches.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Marvel’s Wolverine revealed
Veteran developer Insomniac Games has created two new exciting titles for PlayStation 5 consoles. Firstly, players will continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023.
Today’s game footage trailer is merely just a glimpse at what’s in store in terms of the new abilities our heroes will acquire, suits they will wear (more on that some other time), and the villains that will try to hunt them down. Speaking of villains, make sure to check out the trailer to see who’s coming to Spidey 2!
Another announcement we certainly didn’t expect was the first glimpse of Marvel’s Wolverine.
Marvel’s Wolverine is a standalone game being directed by Brian Horton (creative director) and Cameron Christian (game director), who recently led the creative efforts on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a game we’re extremely proud of at Insomniac. In the vein of our Spider-Man games, our goal here is to not only respect the DNA of what makes the character so popular, but also look for opportunities to make it feel fresh and truly reflect the Insomniac spirit.
PlayStation Showcase: All the announcements
- The City Where Play Has No Limits
- Gran Turismo 7 arrives on PS5 and PS4 March 4
- First look at God of War Ragnarök
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection coming to PS5 and PC
- Tchia: Creating a game inspired by New Caledonia
- Down the rabbit hole in Deathloop’s story trailer
- Bloodhunt comes to PlayStation 5 in 2021
- Breaking down the story trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Face the unknown in new Ghostwire: Tokyo trailer
- GTAV and GTA Online now coming to PS5 March 2022
- Rewriting history – Alan Wake Remastered brings the writer’s story to PS4 and PS5
- Welcome to the world of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction
- Journey with Frey to Forspoken’s fantastical world next spring
- Breaking down the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands gameplay trailer
- A new look at the stylish action of Project Eve
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is the legendary tale remade on PlayStation 5