It’s time for Guacamelee! fans to return to fighting form as DrinkBox Studios today announced that it will bring its award-winning action-platformer to the next gen.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition – which is among the first indie titles scheduled to launch via Microsoft’s ID@Xbox program for independent game developers on Xbox One – will feature a bevy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
“It’s always been our plan to bring Guacamelee! to additional platforms in order to share the game’s unique world with as many gamers as possible; however, we wanted to go one step further and provide fans with new content and features.” said Ryan MacLean, Co-Founder of DrinkBox Studios. “We feel that Super Turbo Championship Edition’s new levels, enemies and abilities (did somebody say explosive eggs?) will provide armchair luchadores with the richest Guac experience ever.”
Set in and around a small village in Mexico, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead. Inspired by Mexican folklore, players take control of a down-on-his luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate, as he fights through hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful “El Presidente’s Daughter”.
Releasing for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 games and the Wii U in mid 2014.
[jwplayer player=”1″ mediaid=”6591″]
Latest posts by Shane (see all)
- Halloween 2018 (Universal Pictures) Review - October 16, 2018
- Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Sony Pictures – 2018) Review - October 11, 2018
- Sigrid’s Sucker Punch - October 8, 2018