Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has just announced they’re going back to the ’80s with the soon to be released Midway Arcade Origins.
In anycase, there will be on offer a collection of more than 30 pixel laden basic bare bones gaming with added local Multiplayer, Achievements and even a Leaderboard function.
Here’s the lowdown:
- 720° – Skateboard through the neighbourhood and earn a ticket to compete at the big skate park.
- A.P.B – Drive around as Officer Bob to ticket and arrest law-breakers and meet your ticket quota.
- Arch Rivals – Outscore your opponent in this classic basketball game.
- Bubbles – Manoeuvre around dirty objects as a soapy bubble trying to clean a kitchen sink.
- Championship Sprint – Race to the finish in this classic speed game.
- Tournament Cyberball 2072 – Control a robotic football team and score touchdowns with exploding Cyberballs and short-circuiting robo-offenders.
- Defender – Defend a far-off planet from waves of invading aliens while protecting the human race in this shooting game.
- Defender II – Deliver humans to safety through the teleporting gateway, all while defending against attacking alien forces.
- Gauntlet – Venture through dungeons as one of four fantasy-based characters to vanquish enemies and collect treasures and potions.
- Gauntlet II – Reprise the role of your favourite fictional characters to embark on a new quest with all new levels, enemies and challenges.
- Joust – Mount a flying ostrich and fly through levels by toppling groups of buzzard-riding knights.
- Joust 2 – Transform your ostrich into a powerful Pegasus to defend against the enemy buzzard-riding knights.
- Marble Madness – Glide a marble through mazes and obstacles in this platform game.
- Pit-Fighter – Be the last man standing to punch, kick, and beat your opponent in the fighting pit.
- Rampage – Take control of gigantic mutants to demolish the city and terrorise civilisation.
- Rampart – Defend your castles by attacking oncoming forces and repairing any damage done to your territory.
- Robotron 2084 – Battle waves of robots to protect the last human family from annihilation.
- Root Beer Tapper – Serve up mugs of root beer to thirsty patrons before the time runs out.
- Satan’s Hollow – Build a bridge across a lava river and destroy gargoyles in order to reach the final level, a battle against Satan himself.
- Sinistar – Blast planets and collect crystals to create deadly Sinibombs to defeat the evil Sinistar.
- Smash TV – Advance through a vicious game show by playing for cash, keys, and the ultimate prize, your life.
- Spy Hunter – Hunt down enemy agents while cruising for weapons and protecting civilians.
- Spy Hunter II – Gather weapons and set-up obstacles to destroy enemy agents in a 3D view.
- Super Off Road – Race around the tracks in an off-road truck to beat the other contenders.
- Super Sprint – Speed around twisty tracks and advance through the circuit to be named the racing champion.
- Toobin’ – Splash through rivers in an innertube to collect treasures and race against opponents.
- Total Carnage – Play as the Doomsday Squad to rescue hostages and capture the evil dictator
- Vindicators Part II – Power up to fill your depleting fuel tank and escape from oncoming attacks.
- Wizard of Wor – Navigate through monster-filled dungeons to defeat the creatures within.
- Xenophobe – Wander around a space station and shoot killer aliens before the time runs out.
- XYbots – Dash through the 3D maze to fight Xybot robots bent on human destruction.
[jwplayer config=”STG Player” mediaid=”1249″]
Releasing on both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 this November. Retro junkies, get your two button joysticks at the ready.
Latest posts by Shane (see all)
- Interview w. Athena – DJ from ‘Flava’ - June 16, 2018
- The Beach Boys With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (Album) Review - June 16, 2018
- SMACH Z – The Handheld Gaming PC Launches E3 Trailer - June 14, 2018