Galaxy Note fans rejoice as today Samsung Electronics unveiled the Galaxy Note10, the latest model in Samsung’s line of premium smartphones that combines elegant design with powerful performance and productivity tools to help users make the most of every moment.
Inspired by a generation that flows seamlessly between work and life, the Galaxy Note10 gives users the freedom to work the way they want and showcase their creative spirit, all on-the-go. For years, the Galaxy Note series has helped millions of loyal users around the world pursue their passions and achieve their goals, and with the Galaxy Note10, Samsung is helping users do more of what they love.
“From the very beginning, the Galaxy Note has stood for the best-of-the-best technologies and features. The Galaxy Note10 re-imagines this promise for the modern Note fan who uses their smartphone to take their productivity and creativity to the next-level, and who effortlessly flows between ideas and endeavours at a moment’s notice,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “Every element of Galaxy Note10 was designed to help users achieve more. Whether they’re finishing a big project for work, capturing and editing a video, or playing their favourite mobile game, the Galaxy Note10 will help them do it faster and better.”
Galaxy Note users appreciate the power of sophisticated design—not just the look and feel of their device, but for the experience it offers. Every element of the Galaxy Note10 is crafted to be sleek, slim and distraction-free, so users can devote their full attention to the ideas, projects, and content that matters most.
- Two Sizes: For the first time ever, the Galaxy Note comes in two sizes, so consumers can find the Note that’s best for them. The Galaxy Note10 opens up the Note to users who want the power of the S Pen and ultimate productivity in a compact form, packing a 6.3-inch Cinematic Infinity Display into the most compact Note yet. The Galaxy Note10+ features the biggest Note display ever with a 6.8-inch Cinematic Infinity Display on a device that’s still easy to hold and easy to use.
The Note10’s display is Samsung’s best yet. From its physical construction to its underlying technology, the display is designed to immerse users in their favourite TV, movies and games.
- Edge-to-edge Design: The Galaxy Note10’s edge-to-edge Cinematic Infinity Display is nearly bezel-less, while the in-display cut out for the front camera is small and centred for a balanced design. Samsung’s most immersive display creates a seamless experience between thought and action, viewing and creating.
- Best Quality Display: The Galaxy Note10 features the award-winning Dynamic AMOLED display. With HDR10+ certification and Dynamic Tone Mapping,photos and videos are brighter than previous Note devices, and feature a stunning, wide colour range. UL verified the Galaxy Note10 display for its 98% colour and brightness uniformity. The Eye Comfort display reduces blue light without affecting colour quality for comfortable viewing.
Note users put a premium on productivity, and they see their phone as essential to helping them do and achieve more. For these users, the Galaxy Note10 features new technologies, enhanced capabilities and powerful integrations all in service of giving users the freedom to work in the way that makes them the most productive.
- Handwriting to Text: The Galaxy Note10 brings a powerful new capability to the re-designed, uni-body S Pen. Now, users can jot down notes, instantly convert their handwriting to digital text in Samsung Notes, and export it to a variety of different formats, including Microsoft Word. Users can now customise notes by shrinking, enlarging, or changing the colour of the text. In just a few taps, meeting minutes can be formatted and shared; bursts of inspiration can quickly become editable documents.
- Evolution of the S Pen: Note10 builds on the Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen capabilities introduced on the Note9 by adding Air actions, allowing you to control certain aspects of the device using gestures with the S Pen. By opening up the Air actions SDK, developers can create customised controls that give users the ability to play games or use their favourite applications using gestures.
- Samsung DeX for PC: Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favourite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
- Link to Windows: Galaxy Note10 integrates Link to Windows directly into the Quick Panel. With one click, users can connect to their Windows 10 PC. There, they can see notifications, send and receive messages, and review recent photos without pausing to look down at their phone.
With the Galaxy Note10, content creators and everyday users alike can use state-of-the-art tools to capture stunning video and photos—allowing their channels, stories and posts to stand out and make an impact. Featuring a combination of advanced imaging technology and software, the Galaxy Note10 elevates mobile videography and photography to the next level.
- Premium Video Technology: The Galaxy Note10 enables users to capture pro-grade video without having to carry around any extra gear. Live focus video adds depth-of-field adjustments so you can blur the background to focus on your subject. Zoom-In Mic amplifies the audio in frame and pushes background noise aside to help focus on the sounds that you want. To remove the bumps and shakes that usually make an action shot blurry, new and improved Super steady also stabilises footage, and is now available in Hyperlapse mode for steady time-lapse videos.
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. Video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim. For creators who need even more control over their footage, Adobe Rush on the Galaxy Note10 provides a sophisticated suite of editing tools, now even more accurate with the S Pen.
- Screen recorder: For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers who want to enhance their tutorials, Galaxy Note10 introduces Screen recorder. Easily capture what’s on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and use the S Pen to annotate as they record for a more entertaining, engaging video.
- AR Doodle and 3D Scanner: Galaxy Note10 integrates bleeding-edge AR and 3D capabilities into the camera. Along with an Ultra Wide camera, it opens up an entirely new medium for creators. With AR Doodle, use the S Pen to personalise photos with dynamic drawings, effects, and animations that track to the image. And with 3D Scanner, a ground breaking first for the Note, the Galaxy Note10+’s DepthVision camera can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering.
- Night Mode: People take plenty of selfies in low light situations—at dinner, at concerts or just enjoying a sunset. Night Mode, now available on the front camera, lets users capture striking selfies no matter how dim or dark the conditions.
Note fans use their phones to do just about everything—not just tackling everyday tasks, but taking on big projects: running their business, editing video for their social media channels, creating beautiful illustrations with the S Pen. To help them do it all, the Galaxy Note10 is engineered with top-tier hardware and next level features.
- Super Fast Charging: With just 30 minutes of charge, Galaxy Note10+ lasts through the day with up to 45W wired charging capability.
- Wireless PowerShare: Wireless PowerShare comes to the Note. Users can wirelessly recharge their Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Buds, or another Qi-enabled device with the Galaxy Note10.
- Gaming: As mobile games get more processing-heavy and graphics-rich, the best gaming experiences require top specs. Galaxy Note10 features the world’s slimmest vapour chamber cooling system, which delivers optimal performance during gameplay while keeping the device slim and sleek. With the AI-based Game Booster, Galaxy Note10 optimises performance and power consumption depending on the game. With the PlayGalaxy Link P2P streaming service, users can also pick up where users left off on any PC game and enable them to continue playing on the move with no need for local storage.
- Hyperfast Speeds: With LTE and 5G-ready options, Note10 users can take full advantage of their carriers’ fastest speeds. Galaxy Note10+ 5G harnesses the full power of the next generation network for streaming high resolution video, downloading content hyper fast, and streaming graphics-heavy games in real time. By allowing us to do everything we love, hyper fast, the Note10+ 5G is changing the way we consume content and connect with friends and family.
Galaxy Note10 sits at the heart of the Galaxy ecosystem, a suite of premium products and services that offer experiences to help make users’ lives more streamlined and connected. Wearables like the Galaxy Watch Active 2 and tablets like the Galaxy Tab S6 keep users connected and help them accomplish more on-the-go.
Building on these products are Samsung services which provide users with a connected and convenient Galaxy experience. Samsung Pay enables swift and secure payment options. Samsung Health helps users achieve their health and wellness goals with seamless tracking and monitoring. Samsung Knox safeguards data with defence-grade security solutions. Bixby, Samsung’s intelligence platform, provides integrated support to make your life easier, more organised and connected.
STG was honoured to be able to preview all of the upcoming Samsung galaxy devices in a recent one on one with Samsung Electronics, being able to have a hands-on and run through with the Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10+, Tab S6 and both variants of the new Active smartwatches. Expect to see some tech reviews coming through soon.
Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ will be available for pre-order in Aura Glow and Aura Black starting from 8am August the 9th, 2019 and will be available in stores from August 23rd, 2019.
Galaxy Note 10, Note10+ Specifications:
|Galaxy Note10||Galaxy Note10+|
Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display,
|6.8-inch Quad HD+
Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display
|* Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
* Default resolution of Galaxy Note10+ is full HD+, which can be changed to Quad HD+ in Settings.
|Camera||Rear: Triple Camera
– Ultra Wide: 16MP F2.2 (123°)
– Wide-angle: 12MP 2PD AF F1.5/F2.4 OIS (77°)
– Telephoto: 12MP F2.1 OIS (45°)
Front: 10MP 2PD AF F2.2 (80°)
|Rear: Quad Camera
– Ultra Wide: 16MP F2.2 (123°)
– Wide-angle: 12MP 2PD AF F1.5/F2.4 OIS (77°)
– Telephoto: 12MP F2.1 OIS (45°)
– DepthVision Camera: VGA
Front: 10MP 2PD AF F2.2 (80°)
|Body||71.8 x 151.0 x 7.9mm, 168g
(BLE S Pen: 5.8 × 4.35 × 105.08mm, 3.04g)
|77.2 x 162.3 x 7.9mm, 196g
(BLE S Pen: 5.8 × 4.35 × 105.08 3.04g)
* Galaxy Note10+ 5G mmWave model weighs 198g.
|AP||– 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.9 GHz)
– 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz)
* May differ by market and mobile operator.
|Memory||– 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage
(LTE model only)
– 12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage
(5G model only)
|– 12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage
– 12GB RAM with 512GB internal storage
|* May differ by model, colour, market and mobile operator.
* User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
|SIM Card||LTE||Dual SIM: one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM||Dual SIM (Hybrid): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)|
|5G||Single SIM: one Nano SIM||Single SIM: one Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)|
|* May differ by market and mobile operator.
* SIM card and MicroSD card sold separately.
* Hybrid SIM tray available only on Galaxy Note10+ LTE model.
|*Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 3400mAh for Galaxy Note10 and 4170mAh for Galaxy Note10+. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns, and other factors.
Super Fast Charging compatible on wired with QC2.0, AFC and PD3.0
Wireless charging speeds with Fast Wireless Charging 2.0
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|Network||LTE||Enhanced 4×4 MIMO, Up to 7CA, LAA, LTE Cat.20
– Up to 2.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
* Actual speed may vary depending on market, carrier and user environment.
|5G||5G Non Standalone (NSA), Sub6 / mmWave
*Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual spend may vary depending on market, mobile operator and user environment.
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM
– Up to 1.2Gbps Download / Up to 1.2Gbps Upload
*May differ by market and mobile operator.
Bluetooth® v 5.0, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo*, Glonass, BeiDou*)
*Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited. BeiDou may not be available for certain markets.
*May differ by market, mobile operator and service providers.
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB light sensor
(BLE S Pen: 6-axis Sensor including Gyro Sensor and Acceleration Sensor)
|Authentication||Lock Type: Swipe, Pattern, PIN, Password
Biometric Lock Types: Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition
|Audio||Stereo speakers and earphones: Sound by AKG
(In-box earphones: Type-C plug, hybrid canal type, 2way dynamic unit)
Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included)
Audio Playback Format:
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF, DFF, APE
|Video||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM|
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice.