Huawei New Zealand Consumer Business group is thrilled to bring the HUAWEI nova 3i to New Zealand consumers – the third generation in the nova i series smartphones.
The nova 3i offers incredible high-end smartphone features, including 128GB storage, 6.3-inch FullView display, four cameras (two rear-facing and two front-facing) with Artificial Intelligence (AI), te reo Māori as an operating language, and a Kirin 710 next-gen AI processor . The nova 3i delivers high-end functionality at a fraction of the cost of flagship devices.
Best of all, the HUAWEI nova 3i will come in the amazing Iris Purple colour – available for the first time in New Zealand. The stylish blue-purple gradient colour sets the HUAWEI nova 3i apart from the crowd of smartphones and takes the smartphone from a utility, to a fashion statement. The device will also be available in Black.
Colour has become smartphone manufacturers’ obsession, largely owing to the demand for interesting and fashionable colour choices in smartphones from consumers. Huawei have set a new standard in smartphone colour with the amazing Iris Pruple blue-purple gradient colour scheme available on the HUAWEI nova 3i.
The back of the HUAWEI nova 3i is equipped with a nano-level texture film that is etched with a semi-circular patter. This process creates soft and gradient colours, alternating between hues of blue and purple. The back glass and metal mid-frame are seamlessly connected for a better handling experience and overall thinner visual effect.
Sharing photographs has become a natural instinct in the 21st century – and the importance of having a high-quality camera in our back pocket has continued to grow since the conception on the camera phone.
Recognising the importance of photography for consumers, Huawei have equipped the nova 3i with four AI cameras – two on the front and two on the back – to put a premium, intelligent photography experience into the hands of its customers. The dual front cameras produce the most natural selfies, whereas the dual-camera system at the back produces vivid photos with clear subjects, allowing users to share stunning social media ready photos with friends and followers anytime anywhere.
The HUAWEI nova 3i has dual cameras of 24MP+2MP. The impressive hardware is further amplified with AI, opening up photo opportunities never before possible for users. The dual cameras can adjust beautification levels and brightness for portraits and backgrounds.
The HUAWEI nova 3i AI-powered intelligent system has studied more than 100 million images and can recognise over 500 scenarios in 22 categories. The smartphone automatically identifies different scenes and makes adjustments accordingly, providing users with the best possible results as well as an intelligent shooting experience.
AI also allows the device to recognise six different backgrounds, including blue skies, green plants and beaches. The AI-enabled camera can optimise photos by scene, making the sky bluer, the grass greener and the sand on the beach more granular. Users no longer need to spend hours editing their photos – the HUAWEI nova 3i can immediately turn the pictures and videos into masterpieces.
The HUAWEI nova 3i is equipped with the Android Oreo-based EMUI 8.2, a highly integrated interface that is made to support the limitless possibilities of AI and AI-based applications. EMUI 8.2 isn’t just a communications tool, but a digital butler that knows and understands user preferences.
The nova 3i features integrated AI support, including:
- AI shopping assistant: A two-finger long press on a photo will identify products and the links to purchase for those products will then be retrieved by the AI search function.
- AI Translation: The nova 3i is configured with a built-in voice translator that supports translation between nine different languages. The device can also scan images, such as maps and posters, to translate to seven languages including Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French and Russian.
- AI-powered Smart Gallery: The gallery can automatically identify eight different photo themes, including birthdays, parties, graduations, nights out, sporting events, weddings, travels and more. The gallery automatically classifies your photos into these themes.
- AI–enhance communications: When in a noisy environment, the HUAWEI nova 3i will turn on its AI noise removal mode, which includes whispered and high-volume modes. When the whispered mode is on, the speaker’s voice can be heard clearly without needing to increase the volume. Through rounds of testing on three high-speed railways in China, Germany and Japan, the nova 3i has enhanced capabilities to make and receive calls without issue. Even in an elevator, calls will remain smooth and crystal clear.
The HUAWEI nova 3i is available to New Zealand consumers from August 16th, 2018 at a low price point of $499 NZD from selected retailers.
Latest posts by STG News (see all)
- Atari Partners w. Nightdive Studios for Reboot of Blood - December 12, 2018
- Record-Breaking CES Asia 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Hot Wheels Selects Fan’s Custom Car To Be Immortalized - December 7, 2018