At a time when the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has now sold over 50 million hardware units globally, two major software releases will headline a big day for Nintendo 3DS.
First with The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and Capcom‘s Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate set for release this Saturday (14th of February, 2015). Both titles are playable on all Nintendo 3DS & 2DS systems, but feature added functionality when experienced on New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, such as super-stable 3D and enhanced camera controls using the C Stick.
Two limited edition New Nintendo 3DS XL consoles – one featuring artwork inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, and the other by Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – will also launch on Saturday to celebrate these highly-anticipated titles.
Meanwhile, exclusively on Nintendo eShop, IronFall: Invasion, an intense single-player and six-person local & online multiplayer action-shooter from three talented developers launches alongside familiar faces in Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe.
In addition, a free video-on-demand streaming service named Nintendo Anime Channel becomes available for download from Nintendo eShop, with anime series from the likes of Kirby and Pokémon.
Here’s the full list of releases for Saturday the 14th of February, 2015 in Australia and New Zealand:
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D: The handheld remake of the beloved, dark and twisted Nintendo 64 game launches exclusively for Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Majora’s Mask 3D Edition: A limited edition New Nintendo 3DS XL system featuring artwork inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: As players explore the world of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, they will face off against many ferocious enemies with up to three other friends locally or, for the first time on Nintendo 3DS, online using a wireless broadband Internet connection. Ahead of launch day fans should check out Nintendo eShop and get their hands on the demo, to brush up their skills ready for the battle ahead.
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition: A limited edition New Nintendo 3DS XL system with an iconic emblem from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on its cover – exclusive to EB Games.
- IronFall: Invasion: A three-year project by independent developers VD-DEV, IronFall: Invasion brings fast-paced single-player and six-person local & online multiplayer shooting action, with the gameplay perfectly suited for using the C Stick of New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Kirby Fighters Deluxe: Based on the popular battle mode in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, this standalone 4-player battle action game contains expanded gameplay, new arenas and the ability to play as a team.
- Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe: Bounce to the beat of catchy Kirby tunes playing as Kirby’s long-time rival King Dedede. This standalone rhythm action game includes content not found in Kirby: Triple Deluxe including all-new stages and new obstacles.
- Nintendo Anime Channel: A new video-on-demand service offering fans the chance to stream anime series from the likes of Pokémon and Kirby, with new content being added regularly. Access to the service is granted simply by downloading a free application from Nintendo eShop.
- New Themes for Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu: Fans looking to spruce up their HOME Menu with a new theme are in luck! New Basic and Simple Colour Set themes can be downloaded for free from the Theme Shop which can be accessed through the HOME Menu settings on your Nintendo 3DS system. Those purchasing either The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ (when it releases this month) will receive a free bonus theme download if purchased from Nintendo eShop, with additional themes available for purchase.
The fun doesn’t end when the sun sets on Saturday though.
More high-profile handheld games for Nintendo 3DS family of systems are scheduled for release in the coming weeks and months.
These include: Pokémon Shuffle (launching in February, 2015), Cooking Mama: Bon Appétit! (7th of March, 2015), Gardening Mama: Forest Friends (7th of March, 2015), Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (21st of March, 2015), Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, (2nd of April, 2015) Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (16th of May, 2015), and Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (May, 2015).