HP has just revealed its newest gaming hardware with the revolutionary OMEN 45L Desktop, small yet powerful Victus by HP 15L Desktop and console ready OMEN 27u 4K Gaming Monitor.
The company also made updates to the OMEN 16 and 17 Laptops.
Gaming isn’t just growing, it’s a constantly evolving ubiquitous part of life and driver of culture that’s led to 2.7 billion people plugging in – nearly 35% of the global population.
Women are playing a critical part in the development and progression of this space, making up 60% of all new gamers.
Meanwhile, 30% of new gamers are under 25 years of age in an industry that’s only 36 years removed from the video game crash of 1983-1985, showing that it’s taken firm hold as a generational form of entertainment and social connection being passed down. The social aspect behind gaming is becoming a primary reason to play with 84% of gamers stating they play to connect with others of similar interests, 80% using them to meet new people, and 77% gaming to stay in touch with friends.
Overall, people who play are looking to personalise their experience in and out of game with choice not only on who they play as or with, but what they play on as well.
“With more people playing than ever before, the needs of gamers and gamers themselves have never been more diverse or vocal for products that meet their needs in customisation, and through that, personlisation,” said Josephine Tan, General Manager, Consumer Business Unit, HP Inc. “From our four new desktop towers, to our 4K monitor, each product introduced today was created to meet the immense swath of desires from today’s gamers to stay entertained and connected with one another.”
The OMEN 45L Desktop makes waves with a revolutionary patented CPU cooling solution dubbed the OMEN Cryo Chamber.
This compartment is situated up to 43mm above the main tower interior and houses up to a 360mm AiO liquid cooler which results in CPU temperatures 6°C lower at full load over an identically spec’d model without this feature.
It works by pulling in colder ambient air from outside the desktop to cool the radiator instead of utilising air within the main interior which actively heated by the CPU, GPU, and other components. For those who opt to go with a more traditional tower design, the recently released OMEN 40L Desktop has all the same configurability as the OMEN 45L Desktop, without the OMEN Cryo Chamber which results in a slightly smaller vertical footprint.
Both announced desktops feature:
- Supreme Performance: Watch virtual worlds come to life with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GPU with 24GB GDDR6X memory or an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT with all-new Infinity Cache technology, both with a unique OMEN visual design. Gameplay flows ultra-smooth with up to Intel Core i9-12900K series processors or 8-core AMD Ryzen 9 5900X processors both top coated with Shin-Etsu MicroSi Extreme Thermal Paste.
- Top-Tier Components: Easily multitask games and a multitude of apps with up to 64GB of HyperX DDR4 3733 MHz memory and provide games the quick asset access they need with up to 2x 2TB WD_Black M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs on top of additional storage support for 2x 2.5 SATA SSDs and 2x 3.5” SATA HDDs. Stable and reliable power flows into the PC with up to an 800W Cooler Master 80 PLUS Gold ATX PSU to keep the games running and the RGB cycling. Internals keep cool with 7x Cooler Master 120mm fans with support for ARGB lighting that can be controlled within OMEN Gaming Hub.
- Expansive Bliss: Upgrading components couldn’t be easier thanks to the toolless front and side panels with side cover locks to keep the panels secure. The chassis also supports up to a full ATX motherboard, triple-slot full length graphics card, and up to 200mm ATX PSU.
- Ultimate Control: Ships with OMEN Gaming Hub preinstalled to take advantage of powerful internal features like Undervolting, Performance Mode, Network Booster, and System Vitals help games run sublime while accessibility to other features, such as Coaching, Rewards, Oasis Live, and OMEN Light Studio raise gaming experiences in new and exciting ways.
The OMEN Cryo Chamber for the OMEN 45L Desktop can also be used as a handle to easily move the unit around, akin to a certain gaming console from the past.
For enthusiasts who love putting together a computer from the ground up, the OMEN 45L ATX Case – complete with the innovative OMEN Cryo Chamber is available to purchase in the coming weeks.
There’s a clear desire for more out of this segment with DIY making up for 19% of the total PC gaming hardware market opposite of branded systems and peripherals as little as two years ago.
With the reveal of Victus by HP earlier this summer, gamers were introduced to a brand that focuses on helping anyone outplay the ordinary in their gaming adventures.
The Victus by HP 15L is the line’s first desktop and features a compact design with two colour options in Mica Silver and Ceramic White, along with the introduction of the eye-catching, customisable RGB “infinity mirror” logo that’s sure to make anyone stop and gaze.
Complete with stellar internal power with up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti or up to AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics along with new 12th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs, or up to the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 G-series processors and up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM, players won’t skip a beat.
Victus by HP 15L utilises a sustainably focused design including post-consumer recycled plastic in the bezel, water-based paint, along with being Energy Star certified and EPEAT Silver Registered
The OMEN 27u 4K Gaming Monitor debuts as both OMEN’s first HDMI 2.1 and first next gen console plug-and-play ready gaming monitor.
The 4K gaming market is rapidly expanding with year over year growth of 257% in the USA, 237% in APJ, and 185% in EMEA, while 6 out of 10 gamers check if their monitor would be compatible with their console during the purchasing process. With 47% of all gaming monitors projected to be 144Hz in 2021, this monitor delivers on the growing standard with a 1ms refresh rate, all while rocking the beauty that comes with 4K UHD gaming.
Extended features and details include:
- Spectacular Visuals: Forget about screen tearing with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro technology yielding low latency with wide adaptive refresh rate ranges. View livelier and more colourful gameplay via IPS oxide panel technology with VESA DisplayHDR 400, DCI-P3 95%, 400 nits brightness, and true 8-bit colour to see games as developers intended.
- Next-Gen Console Ready: Quickly play critically acclaimed PS5 and Xbox Series X exclusive titles in the best looking way with support for 4K, 120 Hz, and VESA DisplayHDR 400 by simply connecting them to the monitor with an HDMI 2.1 cable and powering up. The Nintendo Switch is likewise supported at its max capable specifications. Quick and simple console gaming is further enhanced with integrated speakers coming to an OMEN monitor for the first time so players can get right into the game.
- Play More Relaxed: This the first monitor from OMEN to come with a four-sided micro-bezel design, giving the screen a stellar overall footprint to increase game immersion while being perfect for multiple display setups. It also comes with HP Eye Ease with Eyesafe certification to reduce eye strain while playing by way of up to a 30% reduction in excessive blue light compared to that of a standard LCD display, without needing to compromise on colour experience.
OMEN diamond shaped ARGB lighting on the rear adds spectacular ambiance to any setup and comes with customisable animations and themes that can sync your entire ecosystem via OMEN Light Studio.
Both OMEN 16 and 17 Laptops are receiving major upgrades in the coming month with the addition of NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti GPUs and in the case of the OMEN 17, an option for NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti.
Additionally, the laptops are being upgraded to the latest 12th gen Intel Core Alder Lake processors.